Qigong (pronounced Chee Goong) is an ancient Chinese system of exercise and meditation that calms the mind and improves mental clarity. There are many forms practised ranging from still meditative styles to Taiqi like forms.
Regular practice of Qigong can provide the following benefits:
- Well-being and improved health. Qigong practice releases tension, activates circulation, develops stamina and calms the mind.
- Qigong practitioners find improvements in sleep.
- Increased energy, including sexual vitality and fertility.
- Qigong practitioners have more energy as it can reverse tiredness and restore youthfulness.
Improves complexion and relaxes the face due to its calming restorative effects.
- Correct and moderate qigong practice can improve mood and lift depression
- More efficient metabolism Improved digestion and weight regulation.
- Used as a spiritual practice, qigong induces tranquility and increases mental clarity and awareness. Sensitivity to one’s experience becomes heightened and greater contentment becomes apparent.
- Since qigong helps to regulate the body’s energy it can be somewhat compared to a comprehensive acupuncture program. Daily practice often reduces a range of health concerns and there is evidence to demonstrate that qigong may be an effective adjunct in the treatment of certain illnesses including cancer and heart disease.
- Melbourne Acupuncture incorporates Dragon Gate qigong practice within programs such as Stress Relief and Restore Immunity and.. We also conduct classes in beginning qigong.
Contact the Clinic for further information.